#CreativityWillSaveUs series is a special project, a video, a podcast and a social media campaign where prominent figures from the world of art, culture, and entertainment come together to reflect on the central value that art brings to humanity during the challenging quarantine times of the global pandemic emergency. And, in support of the global community of artists who are seeing all of their venues temporarily shutting down to safely prevent the spreading of the Corona Virus.
The project #CreativityWillSaveUs was thought, written and produced by Tommaso Cartia and Daniela Pavan in collaboration with author, playwright and Creative Pois-On contributor, David James Parr.
The SDG Impact Awards represent an unprecedented opportunity for the global community to showcase their own sustainability goal solutions that will engage interest, acknowledgment, and support.
#CreativityWillSaveUS Series, Episode 10
#CreativityWillSaveUS Series, Episode 9
#CreativityWillSaveUS Series, Episode 8
#CreativityWillSaveUS Series, Episode 7
- NYC-based Actress & Singer Tamara Torres - star, among others, of Award-Winning TV shows like Orange Is the New Black and movies like Blue Valentine - sings for us a touching version of St. Anthony's Prayer - in loving memory of Jim Conroy, recently passed away.
- Columbus Ohio-based artist, interior designer, and art teacher Kathy Vincent - she takes us on a journey into her artistic realms, and her experience as an art teacher for "Learning Never Ends" - an organization that provides day programs for those with developmental disabilities.
- Actors Todd Flaherty, sheltering in New Jersey & James Wells, sheltering in Manhattan, connect via a virtual theatre piece from David James Parr's play Slap&Tickle about a potential dating app romance thwarted by emotional distancing.
#CreativityWillSaveUS Series, Episode 6
- NYC-based Award-winning Make-Up Artist Angela Valentino - @AngieValentinoNyc - who collaborates with prestigious fashion & beauty brands, including New York Fashion Week, Philippe Plein, Moncler, Bikkembergs, the one and only Donatella Versace. She transforms her face into living works of art and sends her positive resilient message to the global community of artists.
- NYC-based Singer & Songwriter Hadiza Dockeray shares with us the raw emotion of her life's experience of the state of emergency in New York City when she struggled to reach a beloved one in need from her home to the other side of the city. And then she lifts our spirits with a performance of her original song "Truce".
- NYC-based Pianist & Composer Chantal Balestri. The artist is also the President of the NY World Piano Teachers Association and Artistic Director of the Lunigiana International Music Festival. She shares her passion for her art, playing a piece with her beloved piano, and she also introduces one of her piano students.
- American Storyteller, Writer, Artist & Art Curator Sabrina Wirth, opens her home, her heart, and her art to us showing also how she is spending some of her quarantine's time producing COVID-19 preventing masks from pieces of old fabrics that she found at home. Sabrina is also the host of the #CreativityWillSaveUs episodes on the Creative Pois-On Podcast
#CreativityWillSaveUS Series, Episode 5
- Italian Singer-Songwriter & Actor Peppe Voltarelli - considered one of the greatest Ambassadors of the Mediterranean folk music tradition that he brings in his successful concerts all over the world from Europe, Canada, the U.S., and Latin America. He sends his message of hope and performs his original song "Tu Volissi Ridere".
- Anthony Michael Martinez - NYC-based Actor, Teaching Artist & Shakespeare Aficionado, accepted the NY's Public Theater BRAVE NEW SHAKESPEARE challenge, where many actors perform scenes from the Master of theater in quarantine. He performs a "Quarantined Romeo" from Romeo & Juliet - Balcony Scene act 2.2. "There is a world elsewhere beyond these 'CORONA' walls!"
- Pianist & Composer Alessandro Martire - introduced by the enchanting atmosphere of The Floating Moving Concert Festival - his original idea where musicians perform while traversing Lake Como in Italy. The pianist also performs his original piece "Ena", from his new album "Share the World and sends his message of hope to the world battling the global pandemic.
- NYC-based artist Marco Gallotta reflects on the essential value of art and the performing arts hit hard by the current state of emergency, channeling into his new series of papercutting masked figures, a tribute to all of the firs responders confronting the COVID-19 every day.
#CreativityWillSaveUS Series, Episode 4
- Italian Singer-Songwriter & Guitarist Leda Battisti, performs an inspiring medley of Sarah McLachlan's "In the Arms of the Angel" and Sting's "Fragile", sending her message of hope to the World battling the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- Rachele Buriassi, the Principal Dancer of the Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montréal, performs an ode to art with her partner, Drummer Andrea Belfiore (Berklee College of Music). Their alchemy is a sublime synergy of dance and rhythms.
- NYC-based Artist & Illustrator Stefano Imbert reflects on the challenging state of emergency and presents one of his creations - The Mask - inspired by the Corona Virus contingency.
- NYC Actress, Choreographer, and Broadway Performer Brooke Martino gifts us with her version of "A Way Back to Then" , live from the lockdown of her home in NY.
#CreativityWillSaveUS Series, Episode 3
In this episode:
- International Artist – Leading Figurative Sculptor Lorenzo Quinn. He gifts us with a profoundly moving homage to Gaia – The Mother Earth – inviting through his art the global community to reach a higher level of awareness during this critical time.
- Principal Dancer of The American Ballet Theatre – Herman Cornejo. He pays tribute to Wihelm Burmann – master teacher of ballet stars recently passed away because of Corona Virus complications.
- NYC-based Italian American Actor - Jacopo Rampini. The NYC based Italian American Actor pays tribute to Italy by reciting an English version of the lyrics of “L’anno che verrà” from Italian Singer-Songwriter Lucio Dalla.
- International Pianist & Artistic Director of the Narnia Festival – Cristiana Pegoraro. She sends her positive message of faith and resilience performing the Gioachino Rossini’s aria “Largo al factotum” from The Barber of Seville, arranged for the piano by her.
- NYC-based Actress and Playwright Shelly Ramoni presenting her original piece The Light Within - a touching reflection on the current state of emergency.
- American based Agent, Music Supervisor & Producer - Fois Music Founder – Giovanni Arcadu – who has worked at major TV and movie soundtracks, like Paolo Bonvino’s “Medici- Masters of Florence” with Dustin Hoffman, and with many prominent artists including Andrea Bocelli.
#CreativityWillSaveUS Series, Episode 2
- Multidisciplinary artist Annalaura di Luggo
- Actress and an Audie-nominated and SOVAS Award-winning audiobook narrator, Julie McKay
- NYC-based, International Writer, Director, and Broadway Dramaturg Marco Calvani
- Writer, Playwright, Producer, and Editor David James Parr presenting a piece from his poetry book - Personal Training: Poetry & Exercise Tips - performed by actor James Wells
- The eMPathia Jazz Duo, composed by International Singer-songwriter Mafalda Minnozzi and NYC guitarist Paul Ricci - performing "Via con me" by Italian author Paolo Conte
#CreativityWillSaveUS Series, Episode 1
- Principal Dancer of the American Ballet Theater Herman Cornejo
- Singer, Actress, and Broadway Sensation Kayla Davion who plays Tina Turner in Tina The Musical on Broadway.
- NYC-based Multidisciplinary artist Grimanesa Amoros.
- Actor and Playwright J.Stephen Brantley and Actor Nicholas Mongiardo-Cooper.
- NYC-based Artist Elena Berriolo.
- Actress, Producer, Writer, Director, and Transgender Activist Pooya Mohseni.
- International Singer-Songwriter Alessandra Salerno whose song 'Faith Within Your Hands', is the official soundtrack of #CreativityWillSaveUs.
Ready, set, imagine! Daniela Pavan and Tommaso Cartia, Artistic Director and Editor in Chief of Creative Pois-On, present the #CreativityWillSaveUs series.
A special project, a video, a podcast and a social media campaign where they ask prominent figures from the world of art, culture, and entertainment to join their voice to reflect on the central value that art brings to humanity during the challenging quarantine times of the global pandemic emergency. And, in support of the global community of artists who are seeing all of their venues temporarily shutting down to safely prevent the spreading of the Corona Virus.